2 a person who dresses in a particular way; "she's an elegant dresser"; "he's a meticulous dresser"
3 a wardrobe assistant for an actor [syn: actor's assistant]
4 low table with mirror or mirrors where one sits while dressing or applying makeup [syn: dressing table, vanity, toilet table]
5 a cabinet with shelves
- Rhymes: -ɛsə(r)
- Russian: кухонный шкаф (kúkhonnyj škaf)
- Russian: комод (komód)
wardrobe assistant in a theatre
one who dresses in a particular way
EtymologyFrom *directiare, from directus ‘straight’.
The term dresser can refer to the following things:
- dresser (furniture) - a sideboard with shelves above for storing and displaying crockery, or a chest of drawers
- Dresser - a theatrical stagehand involved with costumes.
- Window dresser - a shop display designer.
- Dresser Industries, a multinational corporation based in Dallas, Texas
- A grinding dresser to dress the surface of a grinding wheel
- The Dresser: a play and movie by Ronald Harwood
- A dresser is a slang term for a full-dress touring motorcycle.
- Henry Eeles Dresser (1838-1915) English ornithologist
dresser in German: Dresser
dresser in French: Dresser